My Etsy Fun

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Embracing Technology

I've discovered that I can keep this updated by emailing my updates from work (or anywhere really). I can even send in pictures of my progress from my phone.

So, I am nearing the halfway point on my lace scarf (the first lace project ever!). I need to use my new handy dandy gram scale to make sure before I get over the halfway point that I will have enough to finish. The endpieces are knitted on separately, which means that if I don't have enough to finish I would have to rip out the one endpiece and however many body lace repeats necessary and then redo the endpiece. So to avoid that - I bought a scale.

I also broke down and bought a ballwinder and swift. 1250 yards is a bit much to wind by hand and I'm all paranoid about my yarn losing elasticity. So yadda yadda, new winding aparatus should be coming in from knitpicks by the end of the week.

On my socks in Seacoast Panda - Reef - I am just done with the heelflaps and am about to turn the heel and pick up my gusset stiches.

The sock yarn but not socks contest is still ongoing and will close June 15. I will be announcing a winner (along with the full contents of the Sur-prize package) the weekend of the 16th.

That weekend also is Father's Day weekend. If anyone has any ideas for a fun Father's day gift (knitted or not) kindly send those along too. He's not a sports guy. And, he spends a lot of time with our two dogs. Maybe a knitted treat sack for when he takes them to the dog park...

Alright. Keep knitting and stay tuned to the blog. *now with 80% more updates!*

No comments: