My Etsy Fun

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Episode 1: Not Just Another Knitting Podcast... Or Maybe It Is

Welcome to my first podcast. This is my first attempt at a podcast, so bear with any technical difficulties, and hopefully it will get better as we go along, maybe with some help and advice from some podcasters out there who have been doing this for some time.
So without further ado, here are the show notes:
I am working on my second sock, of the Metropolis socks in the Opal Rainforest in the Catapillar colorway.While the combination isn't quite working, these can be found at The Loopy Ewe.
As I mentioned, I am looking forward to knitting the Lava Flow sock from Sock Bug in the Peacock Colorway
The Loopy Ewe is one of the most amazing online yarn shops I have ever ordered from and Sheri is so incredibly nice to email. After seeing Ms. Lime actually steeped in the loopy yarns, I have fantasies of wading through seas of brightly colored soft sock yarn...
If you see the Cherry Tree Hill Sock yarn at the Loopy Ewe (I bought the Gypsy Rose Colorway) but socks are not your thing check out the other Cherry Hill yarn types in the same unique colorways, check out The Yarn Market. They also have a lot of yarns that are pretty tough to find, like the yarns for the patterns in Rebecca.
Next week will have much more yarny goodness because I am expecting some serious yarn Pr0n through the mail in the plain brown wrappers. So stay tuned. If I can figure out how to put pictures up with this I will photograph my subrosa deliveries (yes, they are both being delivered to work) for you to have yarn fantasies about.
If you are looking for a few really great patterns to knit, check out Dawn Brocco's patterns. She has one for a Watermelon Baby Blanket that is just so cute. If knitting baby stuff is not your style, look at this cable handbag. She also has some knitting that combines beading. If you try it, tell me how it goes. I am way too chicken to start something like that.
All of the music that has been played on this podcast have been courtesy of the artists on the podsafe music network.
The opening song is Fumitaka Anzai - Sad Sequence Part 1- 2
The song in the middle is Alun Parry - Life of Crime
And the song at the end is Rob Costlow - Bliss

Get this episode:
Episode 1










No comments: