My Etsy Fun

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Episode 5 - Power in Groups and the Week that Almost Killed Me

Hi Everyone!
Welcome back to the Crafty Woman podcast with episode 5, in which I slowly recover from the worst week at work ever, or so far at least. I guess I do a lot of talking about my horrific week, and then somehow for brief periods of lucidity I talk about how I knit as a solo activity, and my phobia thus far concerning crafting in groups. I lurk on the message boards of the Stitch and Bitch groups and other knitting groups in the city, but have yet to come out to the groups for a public knitting experience. Then I talk about work again. Can you tell where my head is?

I am asking for any help at all with the Cookie German Stocking pattern. How does one knit on the WS (wrong side) when you're knitting socks in the round. I'm so confused.

This week I welcome into my home (sort of - still stuck in a post office somewhere) the woolpets loopy ewe. Some Seacoast Panda in Reef, Interlacements Tiny Toes in Mountain Jewel and Schaefer Lola in Midsummer Night's Dream. I also look through all of the sock yarn stash and find that it cheers me up quite a bit. Maybe I should have done that on Monday...

If you want to find out what is waiting to be turned into socks in my stash you will just have to listen

Music this week comes from:
J.S. Bach Violin Concerto I: Allegro, as played by Lara St. John brings us into the show, as she did last week and the week before.
I am playing a tribute to the country music "could it get any worse" motif with Ocean Street - Cold (Acoustic Version) from the podsafe music network
And after all of that, I end the show on with a laugh with Marc Gunn - Wild Kitty from his album Irish Drinking Songs for Cat lovers from the podsafe music network

Direct download:
Episode 5











No comments: