My Etsy Fun

Monday, May 14, 2007

Episode 6 - Happy Mother's Day and a Better Week

So I am slowly getting over my fear of groups and knitting with others and although poor planning made it so I missed the Saturday morning knitting group, I did get some public knitting in at the Museum of Art and Design at the Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting exhibit.

It was actually really nice! I finished up my Mother's day Socks (River Socks in Lorna's laces Shepherd Sport Aslan), which were a big success, but I don't know if she will pick up and knit the socks I gave her the needles, yarn and pattern for. I gave her two skiens of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Watercolor (which I though was very clever since most of her artworks are done in watercolor) but we shall see.

I have one big Mea Culpa for this week - Berta, the proprieter of School Products (with the cones of yarn at great prices) is the author of Runway Knits, which is also a great book! But Wenlan Chia, the author of Twinkle Big City Knits , is not affiliated with School Products, but is also the proprieter of Twinkle living (really pretty but really expensive housewares and linens). I don't know how I got that wrong, but a little internet search an hour or two earlier would have turned that up. No one has sent angry emails enlightening me, but I just wanted to set the record straight.

I confess to listening nonstop to Everclear - Ten Years Gone and Welcome to the Drama Club . The ability and willingness that the lead singer Art Alexakis to strip bare his own soul in Drama Club is refreshing and maybe a little cathartic.

Music this week comes from:
J.S. Bach Violin Concerto I: Allegro, as played by Lara St. John brings us into the show, as she did last week and the week before.
I am grateful that we aren't all crazy on the same day, so I give you David Ippolito - Crazy on the Same Day from the podsafe Music network
And I end the show with Summer of Life by Peapod - Music you live on also from the Podsafe music network

Direct download:


Episode 6













No comments: