My Etsy Fun

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Episode 4 - The First Step is Admitting You Have a Problem

Hi Everyone!
Welcome back for episode 4, in which I come to terms with the fact that I am completely addicted to yarn. I go through some self analysis, which you may or may not find useful. I confess to my recent yarn purchases, which includes three skiens from WoolGirl, which includes the Grape Nehi from Seacost Handpainted yarn, Plumeria from Mama Llama Dye Pot, and the Flocksock yarn in the BlackJack colorway from vanCalcar Acres, which I can't find on the woolgirl website since I got the last one (ha, victory is mine). I also confess to some Loopy Ewe purchases - the lorna's laces in sport weight that just went up, and I got some yarn love (which you can't see anymore because it's sold out too - ha ha). I got the lorna's laces sportweight in Aslan (I do love the Chronicles of Narnia), and Lakeview and the Yarn Love is in Latte Swirl, which just may be a tribute to my love of foofy coffee drinks.
And oh my - I didn't see this in time for the podcast, but look at these Poseidon socks - This is attention to detail.
Anyway, I spent some time with Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby, but I still haven't found a lace shawl I like more than the Shetland Lace shawl by Shirley Paden in the Vogue Knitting Fall 2005 issue.
We talk a little abut cooking and knitting, and how to pull it off. Here is the recipe:
1 Package Tofu, sliced2 cups brocolli florettes1.5 cups sugar snap peasGarlic, choppedGinger, gratedStir fry sauce of your choice1 Cup vegetable bullion (I use the bullion cubes and make some broth in the microwave)2 tablespoons flourRice (Mmmm ricecooker rice is ideal)
Put the rice up to cook in the ricecooker.
Using a nonstick skillet I sautee up the garlic and ginger with a little olive oil, because it is a little healthier, but toasted sesame oil is really tasty. Then I throw in the tofu, and if you want to harder tofu, use more oil and really fry up the edges, I prefer it just steamed, so I just stir fry up the tofu slightly with very little oil and then throw in the vegetables (use whichever vegetable combination makes you happy) and the vegetable broth, cover and let the veggies and tofu steam for a minute or two, still keeping the veggies firm and the tofu intact. Then uncover and let some of the vegetable broth evaporate. Then mix in the two tablespoons of flour with the stir fry sauce, and then mix with the tofu and veggies. Keep stirring until sauce thickens. Turn flame off and serve over rice.
Prep time : Depends; how fast can you chop?Cooking time: Actual flame-under-skillet time is about 10 minutes.
Enjoy! (And it's kinda healthy too...)
Music this week comes from:
J.S. Bach Violin Concerto I: Allegro, as played by Lara St. John brings us into the show, as she did last week.
Alun Parry - You Are My Addiction from the podsafe music network (You can be my Ned Flanders - hee hee)
And I end the show with the Divine MAGgees - Riverlady from the podsafe music network

Direct download:
Episode 4










No comments: